The Glitch is an exciting new cafe, bar and creative space opening in the heart of Waterloo on Lower Marsh in July. Our purpose is to put culture at the heart of our community and inspire people to effect positive change through creativity. By day: the perfect place to meet with friends, work in comfort, or relax admiring artworks from local artists. By night: join us for live comedy, music, spoken word, nifty cocktails, tasty beers, and special one-off live events.
We’re looking for a number of friendly, creative and charismatic all-rounders who align with our purpose (to put culture at the heart of our community and inspire people to effect positive change through creativity) and our values (honesty, respect, and kindness). Previous experience of working in a cafe/bar/creative space environment is desired but not essential
Your responsibilities and key skills will include:
- Taking & preparing counter orders for drinks and food
- Accurately handling card payments through our POS systems
- Basic food preparation (sandwiches & toasties)
- Making fast and delicious top-notch coffee (extra points for latte art!)
- Preparing simple cocktails and mixed drinks
- Keeping the workspaces clean and organised
- Helping facilitate events and performances in the space
- Giving a positive and welcoming customer experience
- Be a great communicator and excellent team player
- Be a warm and welcoming presence for all visitors
Desirable (but not essential):
- Experience working in cafe / bar / creative space settings.
We have a range of full time, part-time and flexible roles available (you can choose which contract would work for you). To apply, follow this link and fill in our application form.
Interviews are expected to take place in mid-June in person in Waterloo.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Contract Type Full time, part-time and casual contracts available.
Salary £11.05 an hour + pension
Probation 6 shifts
To apply: https://vaultfestival.com/work-with-us/