BALTIC is looking for a curator that thinks critically about global, social and cultural concerns through the lens of the local, with demonstrable experience of collaborating with artists, organisations and communities of geography, interest and circumstance. The Curator (Local) will curate projects, relevant to our constituents, local artists and communities. This will include seeking and nurturing partnerships with other organisations, locally, nationally and internationally, and working collaboratively as well as leading on our BALTIC OPEN development and implementation.
We are seeking an experienced curator with significant curatorial experience and knowledge of responsive programming and performance. Someone, passionate about supporting the development of artists’ practice, with a strong interest in developing innovative approaches and tactics that engage online audiences, and a demonstrable commitment to the engagement and development of diverse audiences.
• Reports to: Head of Curatorial and Public Practice
• Matrix Management: Head of Learning & Civic Engagement
• Salary: £34,570 per annum
• Working hours: Full time role (37h per week). Monday to Friday with occasional evening and weekend work compensated with time off in-lieu.
• Place of Work: Your usual place of work will be BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art, South Shore Road, Gateshead. Subject to PHE regulations due to Covid-19, home-working may be required for which BALTIC will provide a laptop and other necessary equipment in order to carry out the role.
• Job Profile: View Job Profile
• Annual leave: You will be entitled to 25 days of paid annual leave and standard bank holidays.
• Benefits: 30% discount at BALTIC’s shop and discounted menu at BALTIC’s Café/Bar.
• Closing date for applications: Monday 16 August 2021, 9:00 BST
• Interviews: Thursday 26 August 2021
How to apply
• To apply, please complete the application form at https://baltic.art/about/jobs by Monday 16 August, 9:00 GMT.