Artist Commission at Site 20 at Cribbs Causeway, South Gloucestershire
Ginkgo Projects is seeking to commission an artist on behalf of Baylis Estates to research and create new permanent artwork. The work will occupy a green landscaped area which forms a pedestrian and wildlife corridor crossing the new mixed leisure and retail development at Site 20, Cribbs Causeway. Working in partnership with an environmental, community or academic organisation (as suited to the project) the artist will develop site specific work. We welcome applications from artists interested in:
- Creative habitat enhancement
- Kinetic sculpture
- Recycled or sustainable projects, green energy
- Working with the whole site as a canvas (a wetland habitat and pedestrian route)
We are interested in diverse responses to these themes. Please download the project brief from our website: https://www.ginkgoprojects.co.uk/opportunities
There is a budget of up to £150,000 ex VAT inclusive of all fees and delivery.
The deadline for applications for this opportunity is Monday 31st May 2021.
Please include in your application:
· A recent copy of your CV and brief written statement about your work
· Images, website links or other material showing examples of your previous relevant work
· A brief outline of how you might approach this project (no more than a side of A4)
· A statement confirming your ability to meet the set programme
Please email your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Artist selection will be made by interview from a shortlist. Interviews will be held on Wednesday 9th June 2021 and will take place via Teams. The interview date is fixed.