Intermusica is seeking a highly organised, resourceful, and tenacious assistant artist manager to work in our internationally renowned Vocal & Opera department. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who is keen to work in artist management, with excellent prospects for career development. As
Deputy Chief Executive/Head of Vocal & Opera Julia Maynard, and Artist Manager Zara Fyfe-Williams.
- Booking travel and accommodation for artists, where required.
- Responsibility for visa and work permit arrangements, as well as keeping up to date with all travel and entry requirements.
- Responsibility for keeping artists' diary (via online database) up-to-date, and that they are clear and correct - keeping in constant contact with managers to ensure all the necessary information is included.
- Producing detailed schedules for artists, showing a careful eye for detail, and ensuring that the artists have all the required information to fulfil their commitments.
- Initial checking and prompt processing of contracts.
- Producing financial paperwork promptly (financial summaries, invoices, etc.) with full tax details and other relevant information such as commission rates.
- Maintaining artist profiles on website (including updating biographies and other marketing materials, drafting news stories, and adding reviews).
- Providing general administrative support for the department.
- Supporting Artist Managers including organising external and internal meetings; organising trips including travel, hotel, meetings and concerts - creating itineraries, completing and submitting Visa statements and expenses claims on their behalf.
- Keeping abreast of developments in areas that affect your work: tax, immigration, travel, accommodation etc.
- Work with Intermusica's Communications & Marketing department on a variety of promotional materials, keeping clients' pages on the company's website up to date with concert listings, recordings, reviews etc.
- Liaising with promoters for agent comps.
- Attend concerts and industry events on behalf of Intermusica, as required.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of artists' careers and the promoters with whom we work.
- Assist with general office admin.
- Graduate level with prior administrative experience, ideally in an arts/cultural organisation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate with artists, promoters, and colleagues in a clear, meaningful, and effective way, using tact and discretion at all levels.
- Resilient and calm under pressure, with the ability to multitask and deal with conflicting priorities in a frequently fast-paced environment.
- An understanding of forward planning and the ability to manage scheduling challenges.
- Team player who builds trust by being solutions-focused and accountable for their work
- Works to deadlines and with an excellent eye for detail
- Proactive and able to demonstrate a positive and flexible approach.
- Reliable, conscientious, and highly organised
- Good IT skills, particularly Microsoft Office
- Demonstrable interest in and knowledge of classical music
- Previous experience organising international travel and managing diaries.
- Fluent or proficient in a second language
- Prior experience of Overture (agency software)