Assistant Librarian Collection Projects and Resources Full-time Permanent £26,117 per annum Application deadline: 12pm (midday) Friday, 8 March 2024
About the role:
The postholder will be responsible for supporting the development of print and digital resources across the Museum's libraries and the delivery of high quality, customer-focussed library and heritage services including user education, cataloguing and appraisal.
- Degree in librarianship or information management that is accredited by CILIP.
- Experience of working in a large specialist library or heritage research collection
- Experience of cataloguing to RDA/AACR2 and MARC standards on a major library management system
- Good customer service skills and experience of enquiry service or service point provision
- Experience of library user education provision
- Confident user of ICT
- Understanding of finance administration
- Experience of evaluating, selecting, and organising library resources
- Understanding of the importance of collection documentation and management policies
- Experience of working in a research-driven specialist or academic library environment
- Assistant librarian or library assistant
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritize workloads.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Discretion and integrity
Key areas of responsibility:
- Maintain the organisation of the library including re-shelving and the location tracking of books, journals, and other library items.
- Finance administration, including liaising with suppliers, processing purchase orders and invoices, and budget monitoring.
- Assist with the acquisition, subscription, retention, preservation, and disposal of material.
- Support the delivery of library projects related to collection development, the Koha library management system, reader services, facilities, and communications.
- Support the development of user education services including guidance, induction and training on the resources and use of Museum library and digital resources in collaboration with the HR training team.
- Support the development of volunteer placements and the recruitment, training, and management of volunteers.
- Undertake any other relevant tasks as required.