Gifted Classes is a Performing Arts Workshop facilitation provider working with a range of educational institutions which cater to young people between the ages of 7-18 years.
We are currently looking for lead drama teachers and assistants to facilitate our creative workshops across Drama, Psychical Theatre and Music. Ideally we need tutors who are based in Brixton and Peckham or surrounding areas.
QUALITIES OF OUR POTENTIAL AMBASSADORS:
- Ideally will have Acting experience across Theatre, Film or Television.
- Ideally have experience as a Teacher within a workshop settings, primary, secondary or higher education.
- Ideally will have Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), after completing a PGCE, Graduate Teaching Program (GTP), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed), QTLS or equivalent overseas teaching qualification.
- Passion & drive for Performing Arts.
- Highly motivated and dedicated.
- Meticulous at timekeeping.
- Willing to grow, learn and adapt to a fast pace and thriving environment.
- Interactive and engaging with youth culture.
- Ability to manage classes of 15 students and above.
- 2 Job References - most recent employers
- Proof of Enhanced DBS Certificate (If not this can be applied for)
- Confirmation that you are on the DBS Update Service
- To evaluate the progress of all students' engagement throughout the workshops.
- Understanding of the LAMDA syllabus to assist heads of departments in exam preparation.
- Ability to lead a workshop and rehearsals in preparation for a theatre performance.
- Supporting the dynamics within the classroom and providing performance reports on each student once every fortnight.
- Liaising with staff to ensure a high level of communication during the term of each contract.
- Providing availability to undergo on-boarding measures and training protocols such as CRB checks, safe guarding, health & safety and curriculum implementations.
- Expressing an attitude of excellence to engage and encourage a fun and interactive environment for the students.
- To establish and maintain positive relationships with parents/ carers to gather and report information as instructed for the progress of the students.
To express your interest in this opportunity please send us an email with your CV and a covering letter.
Contact name: Gifted Classes
Contact email: email@example.com