Blaze is a youth led arts organisation charity established in Lancashire which began as a Cultural Olympiad legacy project.
Blaze is looking for a professional filmmaker to work in collaboration with a group of three, thirteen to sixteen year olds from the Pennine Lancashire area (Ribble Valley, Burnley, Pendle, Hyndburn, Rossendale, Blackburn and Darwen) to create a short promotional film about Blaze. Our aims of the project are to:
- Provide a unique experience for three young people to work with a professional filmmakerand receive training and hands on experience in all aspects of filmmaking.
- Create a short (maximum three minute) promotional film about Blaze that communicates what the charity does and what impact it has. The film will be shared on our website and social media channels and should support our audience development plan and enable us to attract new investment and engage more people.
• Professional experience of making films for clients.
• Experience of working with young people under eighteen and working collaboratively with diverse people.
• A current, clear DBS check and appropriate public liability insurance to cover your work on this project.
• Willingness to abide by Blaze’s Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding policies. Please contact us if you’d like to read these before you express an interest in working on the project.
We expect the majority of this project to take place in Burnley however we would welcome proposals that include trips to other locations including professional editing suites or filming locations. Blaze has access to spaces in Burnley that can be used for interviews and meetings. If you’d like to express an interest in this project, please get in touch by 5pm on Friday 28 January 2022. Interviews will take place in the week commencing 7 February 2022. The project must be completed between 14 March –13 May 2022.
Total fee available: £3000 (including VAT)
For full details including what your expression of interest should include, please follow this link.