Jealous Gallery seeks a Gallery Assistant to join our team at our contemporary art gallery based in Shoreditch. We are looking for an energetic, polished candidate with a passion for the arts, who is keen to work with the public and in an administrative capacity.
The successful candidate will be working alongside and supporting the senior gallery team. You must be friendly and professional, comfortable working within a small team, demonstrate strong interpersonal skills as well good written communication, be highly organised and be able to prioritise tasks, have an excellent telephone manner and work in a composed manner under pressure.
The candidate should be a self-starter, one who can be left to complete tasks to a high standard unsupervised.
- Welcoming and assisting customers
- Helping with the general running and maintenance/cleaning of the gallery
- Answering the phones and assisting with enquiries
- Taking orders for prints and framing
- Making and processing sales, both in person at the gallery, over the phone and online
- Updating orders using in-house systems (Shopify, Google Sheets)
- Updating the website and social media accounts
- Writing for promotional material
- Packing and shipping orders and organising deliveries (FedEx, UPS)
- Assisting with art fairs and private views as and when needed (travelling and overtime may be required)
- Transporting, installing and organising artwork for display and storage
- A passion and knowledge for contemporary art
- Strong customer service skills
- Administration skills, including experience working with Outlook, Microsoft Office
- Evidence of working in a customer/client facing role
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Proven ability to multitask in a high-pressure environment
- Strong organisation skills
- A knowledge of print, editions, printmaking techniques and framing
- Copywriting skills
- Experience working at art fairs
- InDesign and Illustrator knowledge
- Experience with art database systems
- Installation experience
- Experience handling printed materials and art packing
36 hours per week (Thursday–Monday), with flexibility for cover days and evenings.
Starting salary £20,000, overtime where necessary.
Please email a CV and cover letter referring closely to the job description and person spec, providing examples and outlining your relevant experience.