Pax Romana Auctions-FULL TIME HEAD OF ANTIQUITIES DEPARTMENT
As a growing auction house, here at Pax Romana, we want to maintain the highest possible ethical standards in the antiquities trade by following vigorous procedures to determine authenticity and provenance. As part of this process, we’re looking for a talented archaeologist to join our auction as head of the Antiquities department.
More about us, Pax Romana is a London-based gallery and auctioneer of Ancient Art and numismatics. We are members of the BNTA (British Numismatic Trading Association) and ARL (Art Loss Register). We specialize in Classical Art but also work with art from all over Ancient Asia, Egypt and Europe. Our current vetting procedures include expert examinations and collaborations with laboratories for scientific testing.
The job is very interesting and dynamic, as it involves a lot of work with artifacts, research and communication with our team and our clients.
These will be the main duties:
- Research and Cataloguing of Artifacts;
- Coordination with our consultants;
- Organizing auction events;
- Writing Condition Reports and Communicating with bidders;
- Making sure all processes are smooth and followed;
- Liaising with colleagues and professionals in the field to ensure the best possible standards for our auction house.
- PhD in Archaeology or similar discipline;
-Great research and writing skills;
-Relevant experience in galleries and auction houses;
-Good time management;
-Excellent communication/selling skills;
We’re a well-respected and fast-growing business that is very keen to expand our team. So, if you enjoy working with Ancient Art and want to be a part of the longstanding tradition of collaboration between archaeologists and trade bodies in the UK, please submit your CV and get in touch.
Pax Romana Team