Birmingham Ceremonies is the production company delivering the Opening and Closing Ceremonies of the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games.
We are looking for a Head of Casting to run the department for the Ceremonies.
This role, based in Birmingham will suit someone with a proven track record in the supervising and delivery of all Casting requirements for international live events, & is familiar & comfortable with the challenges of working at this scale.
Th position will combine extensive knowledge and skill in your specialist field along with a focus on creative development, scheduling, budgeting and project delivery.
The ideal person is self-motivated & a strong leader with excellent organisation and communication skills. A passion for and experience in live events and/or theatre is essential.
- Running the agreed budget for your department
- Developing and overseeing the timely delivery of all goals to match the Master Schedule
- Supporting and working in close collaboration with the Creative Team
- Sourcing and contracting of all roles within your department across both Ceremonies
- Scheduling and overseeing the duties of your team
- Work in collaboration with BC, OC and established supporting cultural organisations and educational establishments to help devise the audition strategy for both Ceremonies
- Supervise and run the recruitment process and the management of all the Volunteer and Professional Cast for both Ceremonies, ensuring the practise enshrines the principles of the Birmingham 2022 Social Values Charter.
- Manage communication with performers to ensure the cast are kept informed and attend all scheduled rehearsals
- Manage cast information on the Ceremonies database to ensure all details captured are legal and secure
- Establish responsibility for performers wellbeing, ensuring the department is always supportive, sympathetic and available
- Implement Support Volunteer participation for your department and schedule accordingly
- Establish productive and regular constructive liaison with Head of Production
Fixed term contract, July 2021 to August 2022
Part time - Full time position
To find out more information on required skills and experience or apply for this role please email email@example.com with your CV and Covering Letter.