Do you have a strong background in education? Then don’t miss this exciting opportunity to join Performers College as a Head of Education…
Performers College is one of the UK’s longest standing and most prestigious specialist training providers of Performing Arts Education and is part of the wider BIMM Group. BIMM, the British and Irish Modern Music Institute, has colleges in eight cities where music matters most – London, Brighton, Bristol, Dublin, Manchester, Berlin, Birmingham and Hamburg – and is proud to be the largest and leading provider of contemporary music education in Europe.
They are looking for a Head of Education to join their team. The successful candidate will be directly accountable for the quality of delivery of the curriculum, and for student success rates and progression. This post reports directly to the College Principal - but will be supported by the BIMM Executive Principal for the Performing Arts and members of a wider senior Performing Arts Management Team.
- Management and Curriculum Delivery, including leading and supporting all members of the teaching team, supporting the creation and management of the timetabling process, ensuring that all lectures are covered by appropriate teaching staff etc.
- Ensuring quality of Teaching and Learning, including being accountable for examination and assessment arrangements, contributing to committee meetings, overseeing the annual review of all programmes etc.
- Quality of Student Experience, including ensuring all students have access to regular academic, careers and pastoral tutorials, working with the Student Support team to monitor attendance, working with Head of Student Services and course leaders to monitor learner satisfaction levels
- Quality Assurance and Annual Monitoring, including overseeing completion of the annual monitoring report, ensuring accuracy of course documentation, producing statistical reports etc.
- Assessment and Exams, including supporting the exams team, liaise with Student Support professionals to support learners with additional learning support needs, providing guidance and training on marking and moderation procedures etc.
- Deputising for College Principal as required
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.