Job Title: Hooke Park Facilities & Projects Manager
Salary: £46,000 to £48,000 per annum
Location: Dorset - Beaminster
Contract Type: Permanent
Department: Estates & Facilities
Reports to: Head of Estates & Facilities
Hours: Full-time from Monday to Friday from 10am to 6pm
The Architectural Association was founded in 1847, opening as a day school in 1901. The AA is committed to public benefit attained by the learning, teaching, discussion and promotion of architecture. The School is recognised as a worldwide leader in architectural education, with graduates that include many of the world’s leading architects, scholars, critics and educators. The academic and professional programmes of study at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, up to and including doctoral level, are validated by external professional and academic bodies.
- Responsible for ensuring support is in place for the academic activities on site, in coordination with the Design + Make Programme Directors.
- Responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of buildings and grounds to ensure that they meet health and safety standards and the legal requirements, and meet the needs of the people that study and work in them.
- Responsible for managing any refurbishments, renovations and office/sleeping accommodation moves to make sure they all run smoothly and according to plan.
- Responsible for the provision of the basic services such as electricity, water, heating to the living quarters, offices and workshops.
- Responsible for project managing small works, including negotiation of contracts and tenders, and ensuring best value at all times. Adhering to budgets and compliance with CDM regulations.
- Responsible for the provision of the catering services, ensuring food safety and high standards of hygiene are always maintained.
- Responsible for the management of the Hooke Park forestry operations and related activities.
- Responsible for the preparation and management of the Hooke Park’s operational budget.
What we offer:
A wide-range of staff benefits including generous annual leave and a defined-contribution pension scheme.
For full job description and application process please visit www.aaschool.ac.uk/jobs