About the role
English National Ballet’s Finance Team make a significant contribution to delivering the organisation’s strategic priorities by focussing on strengthening our ability to meet our organisational challenges through:
- Managing a tight financial envelope and significant financial risk
- Providing timely information and efficiencies so that we can maintain our artistic impact and make it pay so that we have a sound financial base
- Growing our revenue streams
- Increasing our commercial skills and striving to develop and professionalise our corporate services function
The Management Accountant will provide excellent business and management reporting to internal stakeholders reporting directly to the Head of Management Accounting. This role supports Directors and Managers across the Company to assist them to operate within agreed budgets and to identify the financial impact of their work.
As our Management Accountant, your key responsibilities will include:
- Provide management accounting expertise to budget holders across the Company, building good relationships and acting as a business partner to provide appropriate, high-quality information to stakeholders.
- Support the Management Accounting team’s objective of ensuring excellent provision of financial information for a range of budget holders, the Executive team and senior management, providing day-to-day financial control and reporting, and general finance and management information support for individual projects.
- Utilise a strong understanding of the Company’s activities and components for cost and income drivers to provide analysis and information to aid decision-making across all Departments and ENB’s main business areas: Productions, Engagement, and income-generation (Development and ENB Enterprises).
- With the Head of Management Accounting, deliver budgeting and forecasting processes with consideration for the needs of the organisation and individual business partners.
- Be a key contributor in the preparation of external reporting, statutory accounts, and tax filings.
- Support the Finance department’s contribution to delivering ENB’s strategic priorities, working collaboratively in a high-performing, customer-focussed team.