An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Membership Officer to support the next step-change for the membership programme with the aim to increase support for the museum’s core programme of exhibitions and learning activity.
- Service the needs of the existing membership scheme, including data and payment processing of new and repeat members.
- Work closely with the Trading, Visitor Experience and Marketing teams to actively promote membership.
- Maintain the current membership retention rate and the number of members paying by Direct Debit.
- Ensure that the membership scheme promotes inclusion and access, seeking to shame a programme reflecting a range of experiences and builds on the museum's audience development goals.
- Working with the Marketing team to ensure the effective delivery of the membership scheme including timely renewals and accurate communications, including regular e-newsletters
- To manage the membership pages of the museum's website, co-ordinating copy and making sure the pages are always relevant and up to date, making changes, as necessary.
- Provide regular reporting on membership numbers, issues, and feedback
Analytical and reporting
- Undertake data analysis and develop reporting systems to report against KPIs and monthly targets.
- Work with CRM admin support and IT colleagues to ensure that the CRM database [Microsoft Dynamics] is configured to hold all relevant information on past, current, and potential members, and donors and that this information is up to date, accurate, searchable, and capable of essential report writing.
- To maintain all member information in accordance with relevant Data Protection legislation.
- Monitor the evolution, development, and ongoing needs of the CRM system.
- Ensure compliance with data protection, charity commission and the fundraising regulator about membership data
- Manage the processing of membership payments, including Direct Debits.
- Handle all membership enquiries by email, telephone and in person.
- Manage the membership renewals process.
- Effectively manage the fulfilment of membership packs in-house, ensuring an efficient service to members.