Rame Projects is an artist-led project space on the Rame Peninsula in South-East Cornwall. Thanks to support from The Box, Plymouth; Arts Council England; Cultivator; and Plymouth College of Art, we are able to offer a month-long to six week residency opportunity to a Cornwall based emerging artist.
What we can offer:
- A month to six week long studio residency, with overhead costs for the space covered. The space is located on a Cornish cliff top, a short walk to beaches and local villages. It is 12m x 6m size, and suitable for work at most scales. There is basic AV equipment available in the space, 20 chairs, and a small kitchenette including a good coffee machine and a small office workspace and library. The studio is on the Maker Heights site, where there is an amazing cafe, The Canteen, and an inexpensive campsite; making residential workshops a possibility.
- An artist fee of £600.
- A production budget of £250 towards materials and related costs agreed with Rame Projects.
- Fees to run two engagement workshops, each workshop fee is £175 plus up to £75 production budget.
- Support for a public-facing event e.g. exhibition of work in progress artworks, film screening, discussion group etc.
- Curatorial and critical support from Rame Projects team and local arts professionals.
- Support in managing health and safety aspects of the residency and workshops in line with up to date government guidelines about Covid-19.
For full details of the residency opportunity and of the application process, please visit: http://rameprojects.com/open-call-for-cornwall-based-emerging-artist/
Application deadline date – 31st March 2021 Midnight