Rame Projects is an artist-led project space on the Rame Peninsula in South-East Cornwall. Thanks to support from The Box, Plymouth; Arts Council England; Cultivator; and Plymouth College of Art, we are able to offer a month-long to six week residency opportunity to a UK based emerging artist from an African Diaspora, South, East and South East Asian diaspora, or ethnically diverse background.
What we can offer:
- A month to six week long studio residency, with overhead costs for the space covered. Approximate dates are from the end of June to the middle of August (subject to change in discussion with the successful candidate).
- The space is located on a Cornish cliff top, a short walk to beaches and local villages. It is 12m x 6m size, and suitable for work at most scales. There is basic AV equipment available in the space, 20 chairs, and a small kitchenette including a good coffee machine and a small office workspace and library. The studio is on the Maker Heights site, where there is an amazing cafe, The Canteen, and an inexpensive campsite; making residential workshops a possibility.
- An artist fee of £600.
- A production budget of £250 towards materials and related costs agreed with Rame Projects.
- Fees to run two engagement workshops, each workshop fee is £175 plus up to £75 production budget.
- Travel and accommodation budget facilitated in conversation with Rame Projects.
- Support for a public-facing event e.g. exhibition of work in progress artworks, film screening, discussion group etc.
- Access to The Box’s archives/collections, research and staff if required (and organised in advance).
- Curatorial and critical support from Rame Projects team and local arts professionals.
- Support in managing health and safety aspects of the residency and workshops in line with up to date government guidelines about Covid-19.
For full details of the residency opportunity and of the application process, please visit: http://rameprojects.com/the-box-plymouth-and-rame-projects-partnership-open-call/
Application deadline date – Midnight on 31 March 2021