We are looking for inspiring, experienced teachers to join our team!
• Guitar: Saturday mornings, plus optionally Saturday afternoons.
• Piano: Saturday mornings, pus optionally Saturday afternoon, Sunday morning, Sunday afternoon.
We are a growing organisation so there will be scope for additional days in the future.
Remuneration: an hourly rate of £30.30 including holiday entitlement for individual tuition, £33.30 for group tuition.
Teaching takes place online for now, then at Vanbrugh Studio (SE10 9HP) or Charlton House (SE7 8RE) and may include individual tuition and potentially small group teaching for beginners using our outline curriculum.
Expertise teaching small groups of beginners/early stage players is desirable.
Positions are self-employed, hours are by agreement and based during term time, with some additional holiday teaching by agreement.
We value our teachers very highly and work hard to create the conditions to allow them to teach to the best of their ability, to enjoy teaching, and to continue learning.
We are looking for teachers who:
• have at least a degree or equivalent in music
• have significant relevant teaching experience (PLEASE INDICATE THIS IN YOUR CV)
• are passionate about teaching, and about making music
• can inspire, challenge and encourage students
• create a positive, relaxed learning environment
• are self-motivated and organised
• will take advantage of being part of Greenwich Music School, sharing ideas with other tutors and engaging with the other courses and projects
• are committed to continuing professional development through training and engagement in professional dialogue.
• are in tune with our work and ethos - see http://greenwichmusicschool.org.uk/about/
Greenwich Music School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all tutors, staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
A DBS Enhanced check and proof of public liability insurance will be required before work is offered.
All applications will be considered equally.
To apply: please send a CV and covering letter (outlining your most relevant experience and interest in GMS) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Agencies and applications via Musicjobs cannot be accepted.